About A-Tech Security
A-Tech Security, a division of BK Two-Way Radio, provides home and business security services in Prince George and surrounding area.
Providing service for over 15 years, A-Tech gives the best of local service and true emergency response combined with the reliability of a world-wide monitoring service provider.
Canada’s leading choice for home security is ADT—A-Tech Security is an authorized ADT dealer and partner because ADT has a long, proven track record of providing reliable security solutions world-wide.
7 Star Protection
In addition to True Response for burglary, fire, and medical alarms we include the following—at no extra charge—with your monthly monitoring fee:
- Lifetime maintenance
- Re-location certificate
- Insurance certificate
- Theft protection guarantee
- True alarm response
- Money-back guarantee
- Multi-linked monitoring centres
Home security tips
Tips From A-Tech Security
Even with a monitored home security system and/or a video surveillance system, there are some things you can do to minimize the risk of break-in:
- Install motion activated exterior lights to keep entrances and pathways well-lit and visible;
- Keep ground floor windows closed and locked;
- Use deadbolt locks on all exterior doors;
- Exterior doors should be solid wood or metal with a heavy-duty strike plate securely installed;
- Don’t leave a spare key under the door mat, on top of the door frame, or anywhere else obvious;
Note: If you must leave a spare key, be original and find a hiding spot that nobody would think of or install a keypad lock;
- Don’t broadcast your vacation plans on Facebook or other social media;
- Install a timer to turn inside lights on and off while you are away;
- Don’t advertise valuables by leaving them easily visible through windows;
- Be a good neighbour.
Avoid False Alarms
Up to 76% of all false alarms—commercial and residential—are caused by user error. Always be prepared to identify yourself with your Personal Identification Code (PIC) if contacted by your ADT Customer Care Centre.
Instruct anyone who will use your system in proper operation and cancellation for false alarms: children, baby-sitters, employees, neighbours, real-estate agents, etc… Make special arrangements for guests, repair technicians or others who may have access to your premises.
False alarms are a source of many problems because they:
- take police, fire and emergency medical personnel away from real emergencies;
- lead neighbors to ignore your alarm when it sounds;
- reduce the perceived reliability and credibility of your security system;
- may make your reluctant to use your system, which would expose your home and/or business to undetected hazards;
- waste taxpayer’s money;
- can lead to costly fines.
Sources of false activations can include:
- electrical/electronic items that quickly change in temperature;
- open, unlocked, or loose fitting doors and windows;
- drafts that move plants, chandeliers and curtains;
- wandering pets, stray animals, or large insects;
- helium-filled balloons and party decorations.
To prevent false alarms, it is important to make sure everyone who uses your system is familiar with the User’s Manual and understands how the system works. Anyone with a key to your home or business should know how to:
- operate your system;
- have a permanent/temporary PIC;
- cancel an accidently activated alarm;
Have A-Tech Security check and service your system regularly—routine maintenance can help prevent many false alarms. Notify A-Tech immediately if you think your system isn’t working properly.
Before you activate your alarm
Be sure to lock all protected doors and windows and keep all pets, balloons, electric fans and heaters away from motion sensor areas.
Reference your User’s Manual if you plan to:
- test your system;
- sell your home or business;
- hire domestic help;
- fumigate your premises;
- change your telephone system;
- install anything near the system device;
- remodel or renovate your home or business, including:
- replacing doors or windows;
- installing siding, sky-lights or ceiling fans;
- moving and/or removing wallpaper;
- sanding floors;
- installing air conditioning or insulation;
- painting or plastering;
- installing intercoms;
- installing and/or moving mirrors, paintings, or pictures.
Note: if you have any questions after you have reviewed your system’s User’s Manual please call A-Tech Security at 250-561-0236 or toll-free at 1-888-561-0236.
Be prepared! Your community’s emergency services are ready to respond when your security system calls, but they need your help to prevent false alarms.